Are you looking for a destination for your next vacation, for a long weekend or to spend a weekend? Do you want it to matter whether it is summer or winter? Would you like to enjoy a cosmopolitan atmosphere and also full of typical Andalusian charm? So, you are interested in knowing 7 reasons to visit Marbella, although in reality there are many more.
Why visit Marbella?
Although there are plenty of reasons, here are 7 reasons to visit Marbella:
- Weather. The weather in Marbella is truly spectacular. With more than 300 days of sunshine each year and an average temperature of almost 20ºC, we can say that it is always a good time to visit the city. In summer you will enjoy hardly any rainy days and in winter you will enjoy sunny and warm days.
- Beaches. Without a doubt, one of the main reasons to visit Marbella is to enjoy its more than 30 kilometers of beach. In addition, you will find all kinds of options, some located in the center of the city and others with impressive dunes and wild vegetation.
- Old Town. The old part of the city invites you to lose yourself in its cobbled streets and enjoy its marked Arab style. Precisely its Castle of Arab and medieval origin is one of the must-sees, also the Plaza de los Naranjos or the Church of Our Lady of the Incarnation. Of course, you will find the typical white Andalusian houses with balconies full of flowers.
- La Alameda Park. You will love this small park full of charm. Don’t miss its fountain dedicated to the Virgen del Rocío and take a photo on one of its benches decorated with Andalusian tiles.
- Puerto Banús. It is the most elegant and distinguished marina on the peninsula. It is the meeting point for all the personalities that visit the city and also for tourists. The best thing to do is to start your route in the late afternoon, when its shops are still open, take a photo with its luxurious boats and enjoy a drink in the area.
- Street markets. Strolling around one of the Marbella markets is always a good plan. You will find all kinds of objects: decorative pieces, clothing, jewelry, antiques or books, for example. On Saturday mornings you have the Nueva Andalucía Market and Puerto Banús, while on Monday mornings you can also enjoy the Marbella Market.
- Excursions. Although the city has a lot to see, those who spend their holidays in apartments in Marbella can move freely without being bound by a hotel’s schedule. If this is your case, we invite you to visit Ronda, an impressive town in every way, the Picasso Museum in Malaga or the Sanctuary of the Virgen de la Fuensanta, for example, although the options are endless.
Undoubtedly, these 7 reasons to visit Marbella are already an incentive and that we have not talked about its exquisite cuisine, its fascinating nightlife, the many hiking trails it has or being able to practice your favorite water sport.
Of course, we offer you a good variety of accommodation in Marbella, you just have to choose which one you will spend your next vacation in.